Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sanjusangendo

This last weekend we went to Kyoto, one of the densest cultural places in the world. I took tons of pictures and I'll split it into several different posts. First of all I found Nintendo.

The first stop for the day was Sanjusandendo. It's a Buddhist hall that houses over a thousand statues. It was incredible! Unfortunately pictures weren't allowed inside the hall. Here's a link to a website that has some cool photos of the inside: http://www.taleofgenji.org/sanjusangendo.html
Like I said, incredible. Here we are, the white people of Japan all gathered in one place. My roommate, James, is the other boy and Sarah, the girl right next to me, is the other intern in Sakai. The other four are interns in Kobe: Jesse, Alyssa, Alyssa, and Eimi. (sorry for any misspellings)

The rest are other pictures of the outside of the hall.

Within the grounds there was a small shrine. Inari is a type of food that foxes (and my sister) like to eat.

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH. I don't think you can even begin to comprehend how jealous I am of you right now!!!! That place was beautiful! You are sooooooo lucky!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete